Home » Posts tagged 'fayetteville pest control'
Tag Archives: fayetteville pest control
A centipede is a poisonous bug with many tiny legs. If you can bring yourself to look closely at a centipede, you'll see its body is divided into segments, each having one pair of legs. Centipedes are horrible for sure, but this article will teach you some amazing facts about these critters. To know more about amazing facts about Centipedes, you can simply browse this website.
Image Source: Google
Amazing Facts About Centipedes
1. Centipedes can grow to be up to 3 inches long and have a weight of about 0.5 ounces.
2. Centipedes are fast runners and can cover distances up to 12 feet in a single step.
3. Centipedes are able to change their color to match their surroundings.
4. Centipedes have venom that can cause pain and inflammation, but it is rarely fatal to humans.
5. Centipedes are able to climb trees and other tall structures.
6. Centipedes are scavengers and will eat anything, including other insects and small animals.
7. Centipedes lay eggs that hatch into miniature centipede-like creatures called nymphs.
8. Centipedes secrete a sticky substance from their bodies that they use to capture prey or escape danger.
9. Centipedes can live for up to two years, although they typically die after six months or so due to predation or disease.
The Different Types of Centipedes
There are many different types of centipedes, each with its own unique features. Here are some of the most common types:
The black centipede is the largest type of centipede and is known for its dark coloration. It is also the fastest and most aggressive of the centipede species.
The brown centipede is the second largest type of centipede and is known for its reddish-brown coloring. It has a very strong venom that can kill small animals, including humans.
The house centipede is one of the smaller centipedes and is known for its characteristic spirals on its back. It feeds on insects, fungus, and other small creatures. Centipedes are very interesting creatures that play an important role in nature. They are capable of moving quickly and are adept at avoiding danger.